Mule Security Systems, Inc. offers customers easy to follow tips and workable solutions on the prevention of false alarms in residences and businesses.
What Causes A False Alarm?
- – Unlocked or loose doors
- – Wandering pets
- – Kids, neighbors, relatives, visitors, repairmen, etc.
- – Errors by the user
- – Balloons
Before you activate your alarm system
– Securely close and lock all protected doors and windows.
– If you are leaving your home or business, make sure the door you leave by is closed tight.
– Keep pets, fans, heaters, decorations, etc. away from motion sensor areas.
– Know and rehearse the process to cancel an accidental alarm. Anyone with your key should know this process.
– Be aware of your exit and entry delay times (normally between 30 and 60 seconds).
Know what to do if you set off your alarm by accident
– First, don’t panic. There is time. Enter your disarm code to reset your system. If you need to reenter your code, press # first. Remember, if there were a burglar, he or she would not know your code. Do not write it by the keypad.
– Wait for Centra-larm to call; be prepared to give your pass code or password. This is usually different from your disarm code. Be sure to follow all procedures established by the monitoring station.
Call Mule Security if you need additional assistance at 1 800-322-6853.